Place both flours in a bowl.
Dry fry the spices in a frying pan, just enough to release the flavours, then add to the flours, then add the ginger paste.
Mix in the water to make a smooth batter.
Add the chopped coriander and season with salt and black pepper.
In a fryer, heat the oil to 180°C, then dip the fish in the batter and fry for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
Serve with salad, fresh coriander and sliced onions.
You can also serve with a quick and easy pakora sauce which is 100g natural yogurt, 50g tomato ketchup, 25g mango chutney and 10g mint sauce. Just add all the ingredients together and stir!
- 150g x Salmon Fillet, skinless and cut into strips
- 100g x Gram Flour, sieved
- 50g x Cornflour
- Water to make a coating batter (if you have carbonated water use this)
- 1tsp x Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp x Kashmiri Chilli powder
- 3 tsp x Garam Masala
- 2 tsp x Cumin powder
- 2 tsp x Coriander ground
- 2 tsp x Fenugreek powder
- 1 tsp x Ajwain seeds
- 15g x fresh chopped Coriander Leaf
- 2 tbsp x Garlic and Ginger Paste