Any current vacancies are displayed below. In addition, Aquascot is always keen to hear from talented and enthusiastic people, so if you are interested in joining us, please get in touch using the contact form.
27 Jan 2017
Position: Head of Technical
Job Type: Permanent Salary
Report to: Managing Director
A vacancy has arisen in our Technical Department for a Head of Technical. The Head of Technical ensures that the Food safety management systems, resources and facilities at work, or in use by the business are in such a condition to ensure that that company produces safe and legal food of a quality demanded by the Customer.
- The application of HACCP within the business.
- Ensuring that Aquascot products satisfy all applicable legislation and standards with regard to safety, quality and legality.
- Ensuring that all food manufactured and sold by Aquascot is of the nature or substance or quality demanded by the purchaser.
- Identifying and acquiring resources that are necessary to ensure that the Technical Department can effectively and efficiently ensure product safety, legality and quality.
- Ensuring that the Aquascot Food Safety and Quality Management Systems are live documents that are of use, and in use within the business. Ensuring that the Food Safety and Quality Management Systems are compliant with all relevant legislation and 3rd Party & Customer Standards and Policies.
- Ensuring that all Staff within the Technical Department are fully trained commensurate with their activities and level of responsibility.
- Horizon scanning for emerging product safety risks.
- Customer liaison.
Key attributes of the candidate:
- In depth knowledge of 3rd Party Standards, particularly BRC Global Standard for Food Safety is required.
- Broad knowledge and experience in food safety, quality management systems, HACCP, and food microbiology.
- The ability to learn new standards and policies as issued by Customers
- Knowledge of the key requirements of current Food legislation such as Regulation (EC) No 178/2002, The Food Safety Act 1990 (as amended) and European Food Information to Consumers Regulation No 1169/2011 (FIC) to name a few.
- The ability to effectively manage a team
- Above average presentation skills
- The ability to manage projects or incidences and achieve agreed objectives or outcomes.
- The ability to effectively risk assess situations, advise on best courses of action and direct resource appropriately.
- Knowledge of micro-organisms important to Food safety & quality and of the methods for their control and elimination in product and food processing environments.
Education and Experience
- Ideally qualified to degree level in Food Science & Technology or related.
- Qualified to Level 4 Food Safety Management for Manufacturing
- Qualified to Level 4 HACCP Management for Food Manufacturing
- Experience of presenting information to all levels within an organisation.
- Experienced in Food safety and/or Quality Management systems.
- Experienced at effectively running a Technical department and associated budget.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to Joanne.Brogan@aquascot.com